Training is an activity, Learning is a result.™
At MTS World we are much more interested in results, not activities. Our approach starts by differentiating between pedagogy and andragogy. We are all familiar with pedagogy; the teaching of children; that is instructor centered and content based. Andragogy is the learning of adults; that is learner centered and performance based. The six key traits of adult learning are:
- Learning from experience, not just information
- Learning in patterns, not with isolated data
- Favoring a particular learning style within the Learning Process
- Comparing the new (unknown) to the old (known)
- Selective: deciding if, what and when to learn
- Learner opts to learn or not
The MTS World Learning System consists of a Framework that includes 4 Laws of Learning and 4 Training Concepts.
4 Laws of Learning:
- Readiness – Are the learners ready to learn?
- Impact – Does the information to be learned have an immediate impact for the learners?
- Relevance – Is the learning relevant to the jobs?
- Practice – Is practice of the newly learned concepts/information structured and included
4 MTS Training Concepts:
- Functional Training (Work-Based, Practice-Theory)
- Gestalt Structure (Whole-Parts-Whole)
- Inductive Learning (Guided Discovery)
- Behavioral Objectives (Performance-Based Outcomes)
Call us to set up a time when we can further explain our unique approach to industrial learning and training.