The MTS™ Mission
Living our mission everyday
"MTS™ will be a recognized leader in providing industrial organizations a Systems Approach for managing their Technologies, Organizations and People so that they achieve their objectives.
We will do that by integrating the principles and values of the MTS™ Management and Learning System with the Customer's Production, Maintenance and Administrative Support functions.
We will do this in ways that provide expected measurable results."
MTS™ Principles And Values:
In achieving our Mission, we abide by the following:
With Respect to Customers and Markets, MTS™ ...
With Respect to Products and Services, MTS™ ...
- Concentrates efforts mainly in industrial organizations around the world, because the MTS™ Technology Transfer System transcends cultural lines.
- Responds to the customer's specific needs and recognizes that while "the customer is not always right," the customer is always the customer.
- Charges a fair price for its work, not "what the market will bear."
- Is willing to forego doing business if there are serious discrepancies between MTS™ values and the customer's values.
- Favors strategic alliances and partnerships over rigid contracts.
With Respect to its Resources, MTS™ ...
- Works to obtain defined, measurable results rather than just to sell time and materials.
- Endeavors to provide the highest quality work with the MTS™ Technology Transfer System and continually seeks product and service improvements consistent with project opportunities and technological advances.
- Accepts the primacy of the project concept in the conduct of business.
- Establishes performance standards for work and manages projects against them: Technical Objectives; Customer Satisfaction; Product Development; People Development; Profitability; MTS™ Satisfaction.
- Believes that MTS™ people are our most important asset, for whom we make deliberate efforts to develop in the context of specific projects.
- Is owned by employees, an association of professionals who embrace the concept of stewardship as a management philosophy.
- Grows organically by establishing strategic business units, rather than by creating a large centralized organization.
- Considers MTS™ management as a resource for the rest of the organization.
- Re-invests profits in itself to develop its people, new products and services and to perpetuate the company.
- Adheres to this code of ethics: On essentials, unity and consistency; on non-essentials, freedom and flexibility; on everything, integrity and professionalism.
With Respect to Society, MTS™ ...
- Does not place profits above all else; while recognizing the need to add value for the shareholders, profits are considered part of the cost of staying in business and perpetuating the institution in the service of the industrial/manufacturing segment of society.
- Understands that MTS™ integrity and business ethics exist in MTS™ people, or they do not exist at all; that they must be upheld by individuals, or they are not upheld at all.